Raquel and girls

Thursday, November 09, 2006

To see, or not to see...

Abuelita is losing more and more of her sight. What a sad thing to have to lose. But I know she has also GAINED over these last few years aswell. Some one could have their sight all their life and never have all the people around in their life that my abuelita does. May never have a large close family, new grand/greatgrand children to love each year. I know it must be hard to lose something you have had your whole life, but maybe she is only losing it beacuse she doesnt need it to see everything she has anymore its more than a pretty picture , it is a feeling-a feeling some people will never have blind or not. I love my grandmother, she is very far away and i cant see her from where i'm at that doesnt take away from my love, and i know it wont take away from hers. I will admit i would HATE to lose my site, but i would rather FEEL a kiss or a hug, hear a giggle or laugh, and have love everywhere i am. Give Abuelite my love.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Beverly Centellas said…

    thanks for those lovely thoughts. I will read them to her and know that it will mean soooooo much to her, especially these days.

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Beverly Centellas said…

    Thank you for such lovely words, that make me feel really happy, I love you, Raquel y these thoughts have made me think. You have been given wisdom here. I feel your love and I hope you feel mine. I prayer for you and love you very much. ( These words are from your Abuelita who was so impressed and started to cry upon hearing this entry in your blog. Thank you so much. You kids have no idea how much words like these mean to her.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home